Over the last couple of years, we (and our sister company Digital Elder) have been working closely with Brilliant Lighting on various digital marketing campaigns. One of the larger projects was to split their main website into two entities: One for retail and one for trade customers.
This Brilliant Trade system has several goals; For SEO and marketing reasons it was best to split these up into separate systems; and secondary – to give them far more control over their website for both management and budget reasons.
This WooCommerce controlled WordPress system uses a customised version of our favourite off-the-shelf “Salient” theme combined with a number of enhancements and plugins to complete this system.
Some of the features include:
- The ability to show a mixture of catalogue items and online purchasable shop items using the plugin “YITH WooCOmmerce Catalog Mode Premium”.
- The ability to mass import in products using “WP ALL Import”.
- To be able to easily edit complex pages with the “WPBakery Page Builder”, included with the “Salient” theme.
- Using “Advanced Custom Fields Pro” (ACF) to offer many product listing enhancements and options.
- The ability to show custom made, created on demand PDF specification sheets (combined with fields from ACF)